Ukrainian Guests & Host FamiliesBack to Support
Ласкаво просимо до Пітерборо. Here are some really useful resources for Ukrainian guests and their host families, via Peterborough City Council and others. Find support here if you are a guest from Ukraine, or a hosting family.
How to contact
Where to go
Peterborough City Council
St Olga Ukrainian Catholic Church
67 New Road
Support from Peterborough City Council
- If you are hosting guests from Ukraine you can find support here.
- To see how the community has responded and how you can help, click here.
- If you’d like more information about government schemes for Ukrainian refugees click here.
Click here if you are looking for support beyond Peterborough:
Community Hubs in Peterborough
St Olga Ukrainian Catholic Church is providing practical support, supplies, and advice. Ring them on 07517 117 613. Address: 67 New Rd, Woodston, Peterborough PE2 9HD
The Latvian Community Association (LCAIT) in Peterborough is providing support and advice for Ukrainian guests and hosts. Find their contact details and more about them on our webpage.
LCAIT is also funding six free psychotherapy sessions in Ukrainian or Russian, based on various psychological methods, for people age 18+. Qualified and BACP registered psychotherapist. This service does not include making medical diagnoses or prescribing medications. For further information and to apply, please contact Yana Rauza, phone: (+44) 7771 208 977.
PARCA – Peterborough Asylum and Refugee Community Association – is providing support and advice for Ukrainian guests and hosts. Find their contact details and more about them on our webpage.
Support from national charities
Barnardo’s have a national helpline for families. You can contact them if you need support with:
- Therapy with a qualified psychotherapist – delivered via the phone or online, with access to interpreters
- Advice on a range of issues e.g., housing, accessing key health services, education, employment and more via our trained helpline support workers
- Practical support – access to digital devices to ensure families stay connected to loved ones during this worrying time, as well as stimulating toys for children, vital baby items and more
All services include access to interpreters in Ukrainian and Russian.
The Barnardo’s Helpline is open:
- Monday – Friday 10.00am-8.00pm
- Saturday 10.00am-3.00pm
You can contact the helpline on 0800 148 8586 or email: [email protected]
For more info on Barnardo’s Helpline click here.
Artists in Exile offers artists and creatives who come to the UK through the Government’s Homes for Ukraine scheme help with travel, accommodation and finding work in the UK. Contact via email or find out more on the website.
The Association of Ukrainians in Great Britain (AUGB)
AUGB is the UK’s largest representative organisation for Ukrainians and people of Ukrainian origin. It develops, promotes and supports the Ukrainian community in the United Kingdom.
The AUGB is mostly operated by volunteer teams from local communities. Branches host a variety of cultural, educational, social and charity events, as well as support local youth and women’s organisations. Find out more here.
Free online Courses from the Open University
The Open university provide a range of free courses including courses to improve your English, support your mental wellbeing and to improve your employment skills.
To view available courses visit their website by clicking Here.