Tempo Time CreditsBack to Activities
Tempo Time Credits are a charity that enables organisations to show volunteers they are valued – volunteers earn credits through volunteering with participating community groups in Peterborough that can be spent on services & activities with a network of recognition partners.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- There is a broad range of volunteer opportunities available and more becoming available all the time. Volunteering can help people stay physically and mentally active. It can provide a sense of purpose and is not only great for individuals but the wider community too.
- Once earned, Time Credits can be spent on a wide range of offers and activities locally and nationally. Offers include leisure, sporting and cultural opportunities that can boost wellbeing and support mental health.
- Individuals from diverse backgrounds are supported to volunteer and support their local communities. Diversity and inclusiveness is good for personal wellbeing.
‘It’s helped me improve my physical and mental health too. It makes me feel happy and empowered to work, earn and I enjoy going to places. Tempo Time Credits have given me the freedom to do this, it’s made me more outgoing and confident.’
How to contact
Where to go
Various locations throughout Peterborough
This short video illustrates the concept of time credits – but please note the move to digital time credits now:
Community organisations wishing to join Time Credits can register with the scheme and receive Credits to give to their volunteers completely free of charge.
What to expect?
A number of community groups across Peterborough have joined the scheme and can offer Time Credits to their volunteers, including
- the Light Project
- Peterborough Reads
Please check this webpage to search for volunteering opportunities near you (in the ‘Earn Time Credits’ section).
Volunteers can spend Time Credits at locations across the UK and also online. Please check this webpage to search for places where Time credits can be used (in the ‘Use Time Credits’ section).
- A volunteer looking to use your time for a good cause
- A community group interested in participating in Time Credits
- A company or service-provider wishing to access new customers or visitors.
Tempo Time Credits are free but earned by volunteers through time they spend volunteering.