Community Physical Rehabilitation Service – NHS CPFT

Back to Support

If you are housebound due to physical illness, injury, disability or infirmity, physiotherapists and occupational therapists from CPFT's Community Rehabilitation Service can support you to live independently and safely at home. This service is for adults over the age of 18.

What to expect

A member of Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust’s Community Rehabilitation Service will come to your home and undertake an assessment, which will form the basis of a rehabilitation and treatment plan that is personal to you.

Depending on your needs, circumstances and goals, a rehabilitation and treatment plan might include:

  • enabling programmes to increase your confidence and independence;
  • exercise programmes to increase mobility and strength;
  • information and education about your condition to help you manage it better;
  • a housing needs assessment;
  • mobility aid, assistive equipment and home adaptation assessments.

More information

For Community Occupational Therapy, you can self-refer to the service by making a call to 0345 045 5202 (a referral can also be made on your behalf by a carer, partner or family member) or you can ask a healthcare professional to refer you. For Community Physiotherapy, you will need a referral from a healthcare professional. If you aren’t sure which therapy support will be best for you, or if you think you will need both, talk to a healthcare professional.

Once a referral has been received you may receive a telephone call to discuss your needs and expectations in more depth. Based on that conversation or information that we have received from your referral, you’ll then be placed on a waiting list and will receive an appointment in due course. A therapist will come to your home and will be in uniform with an identity badge. He or she will spend time with you discussing what you want to achieve, what may be concerning you and what support you feel you (or your carers) need. Based on that conversation, a personalised rehabilitation and treatment plan will be devised.

If you are over 65 and have had a fall at home or whilst out and about, you may want to ask your GP or a health professional for a referral to CPFT’s Falls Prevention Service.

This service is free. Financial support for home adaptations are dependent on your circumstances but for people on low incomes there are grants available (if you are eligible this will be discussed with you).

How to contact

Where to go

Across Peterborough

Share this page

Skip to content