Lithuanian Domestic Abuse Support – Peterborough Women’s AidBack to Support
The Peterborough Women's Aid (PWA) Lithuanian Project can offer short-term and long-term support for Lithuanian women who are victims of domestic abuse, whether they have children or not, in Peterborough and Fenland.
How to contact
Where to go
Find out more about the Lithuanian domestic abuse support (in Lithuanian):
Hear about the Lithuanian Community Engagement Worker (in English):
What to expect:
This is a confidential service for Lithuanian women living in Peterborough and Fenland. To speak to the specialist Lithuanian service you can contact them by telephone. They also accept referrals via email and you can also contact them via their live chat on the Peterborough Women’s Aid website.
They offer advice and guidance on a range of situations, and can also signpost and refer on to relevant services in the local area.
Support can include any of the following:
- emotional support
- practical support
- support with attending court and other meetings
- support with reading documents
- counselling with a specialist Domestic Violence Counsellor
- ‘Own My Life’ 12 -week group work course via Zoom
- advice and guidance to professionals
Peterborough Women’s Aid is a local charity with years of experience supporting survivors of domestic abuse.
Other groups offered by Peterborough Women’s Aid:
- Women Warriors: a group that celebrates women, which includes opportunity to talk with other women, do fun activities and listen to our lovely guest speakers. It takes place every Tuesday from 10.30 – 12, at Park Road Baptist Church, PE1 2TF. This group is welcoming and friendly. PWA staff members are always present, and happy to offer support, have one to one conversation or offer advice.
- Own My Life: PWA now offer the Own My Life course, a 12-week online or in-person course to help women who have been subjected to abuse to regain ownership of their lives. Please contact PWA for more information.
This is a free service.