Choices CounsellingBack to Support
You can contact Choices directly and self-refer for support.
Choices ask for a contribution towards the cost of counselling which can be as little or as much as you can afford, but no-one will be turned away because they cannot afford it.
Counselling at Choices is based on the following principles:
- Everybody’s experience of abuse is different.
- Counsellors are trained to listen attentively.
- Counselling is based on mutual respect
- Counselling does not involve being told what to do.
- All counsellors at Choices have been trained.
- Counselling is not an easy process.
- Choices counselling sessions are weekly.
- Choices offer up to two years of counselling.
- Counselling helps you deal with many difficult issues e.g. anger, guilt, shame etc in the safety of the counselling session. It can make you feel more in control of your life. You will be in control of the counselling so why not give it a try. You do not have to be a victim.
- People can change!