CGL Aspire Children & Young People’s ServiceBack to Support
CGL Aspire Children & Young People’s Service is a free and confidential drug and alcohol service for young people aged 10 - 18 in Peterborough. They won’t judge or tell you what to do. They are here to listen and to support you to make the positive changes that you want.
How to contact
Where to go
102-104 Bridge Street
If you are under 18 years of age and …
- Experiencing difficulties with drugs and alcohol
- Wanting to know more about substances
- Wanting someone to talk to in confidence
- Affected by someone else’s drug or alcohol misuse
Then the service can help by offering…
- One-to-one sessions with a key worker, or group work with young people in similar situations
- Support to help you understand someone else’s drug or alcohol use. It’s not your fault and its OK to talk to someone about how you are feeling
- Friendly social media support
- Sexual health support
- Stop smoking advice and support
- Fun groups, activities, and trips – have a look at their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages
What to expect?
They have a highly skilled team with many years’ experience of supporting young people to live happier, healthier, and safer lives. The team is community-based so can visit young people in schools, colleges, youth clubs etc., but it is possible to also hold appointments in cafes, community centres, sports clubs and so forth. If travel is an issue, transport can be arranged prior, free of charge.
After making contact with the service, one of their skilled workers will make arrangements to meet with you for a chat to see how they can best support you. They are a confidential service so please only leave details of places you are happy for them to contact i.e., your mobile, school, home address as appropriate.
You can call the service direct on the number given, email them, or contact them through social media.
You can also ask your school or college, or even your doctor to refer you in.
If you are looking for support for adults, please see the CGL Aspire Recovery Services page.
Everything in this service is free.