SOS.LT – LithuaniansBack to Activities
Community group SOS.LT provides help, activities, and social connection for Lithuanian people living in Peterborough.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- It gives people a chance to interact and even build friendships
- It helps people from a similar background connect and feel a sense of belonging
- It gives people things to do and look forward to
How to contact
Where to go
SOS.LT offer many types of support, including physical activities, mental wellbeing support, and practical help.
- Sports activities for all age ranges, people with disabilities, and those affected by COVID-19
- Accredited counselling, psychotherapy and mental health support – individual and group
- Healthy lifestyle consultations
- Healthy You sessions in Lithuanian
- Digital exclusion programme for people who need support getting online, especially to access GPs, government websites (Health Inequalities Challenge project)
- Help for Lithuanians to fill in official forms in English
- Support with moving house
- Support for anyone experiencing hate crime
- Support for anyone experiencing domestic abuse
- Food aid
If you are interested in volunteering to help out, please email [email protected].
Snow (Snieguole Maliavskaja) has various roles including: “Ask Me” Ambassador (domestic abuse), Hate Crime Ambassador, Trustee of Family Voice, casual translator for Thomas Deacon Education Trust; PCVS Wonder Women project coordinator; H.A.Y Peterborough Digital and Community Engagement Specialist; PCC volunteer; and volunteer for Cambridgeshire Constabulary.
All support is free of charge.