Nene Park TrustBack to Activities
Nene Park is a large area of park land west of Peterborough and is a great place to get outdoors and enjoy nature and recreation. It is made up of six areas with the River Nene connecting them together. Nene Park Trust is the registered charity which looks after the entire Park.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- Spending time in nature has been shown to improve health and wellbeing. From the meadows, lakes and woodland of Ferry Meadows to the peaceful footpaths on the Rural Estate, there are plenty of beautiful areas to discover.
- There are many opportunities for learning new things and taking part in a wide range of sports and activities
- You can volunteer in the Park, which can be very rewarding. Whether you want to help with their conservation or gardening work or help out in one of the shops, there is a volunteer role just waiting for you.
How to contact
Where to go
Peterborough PE2 5UU
Peterborough PE5 7BD
Nene Park has a huge variety of things to do for people of all ages. Click on the links below to find out more about:
- the fantastic events coming up including guided walks, craft workshops and much more
- the wide range of activities to do in the Park – including walking, cycling, running, watersports, fishing, riding, bird watching…
- the watersports and activities run through the Nene Outdoors Watersports and Activity Centre – including equipment hire
- the arts – including a sculpture collection
- the extensive outdoor education programme for children
- Nene Park social walking group
- the cafes at Nene Park
- volunteering – there are lots of opportunities for individuals and corporate groups to get involved
- Disability Peterborough also runs its ‘Walks on Wednesdays’ at the Park
Entering the Park by foot or bicycle is free. Free activities include onsite trails and play areas, various online educational resources, video tours, and photography competitions. See their website for more information.
Parking, shops and cafes, equipment hire, and various activities are subject to a fee – for more information see their website.