Kings Cliffe ActiveBack to Activities
Kings Cliffe Active provides sport and recreation facilities, and supports a range of different activities organised for residents of the village and surrounding area.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- they have a range of activities for all ages which are good for physical and mental wellbeing;
- they support / host groups which bring members of the community together for important social interaction, helping to address loneliness and isolation;
- they develop and deliver new facilities, activities and events in response to identified interest and need from the local community, helping to develop a sense of belonging to a place.
How to contact
Where to go
King's Cliffe Active - Sports and Recreation facility in Kings Cliffe
What to expect
KC Active is a sports and recreation complex set on a 12-acre site in the Northamptonshire village of King’s Cliffe. It has two full-sized grass football pitches, a floodlit 3G all-weather multi-use games area (MUGA), floodlit tennis and netball courts, outdoor play areas with equipment, and a pavilion with changing facilities. Additionally, they have a sizeable community / function room with kitchen, and bathroom facilities.
It is operated as a charity and funded solely by grants and income for hiring the facilities, with all profits put back into maintenance and improvements for its users.
Getting here is easy, with pedestrian access from both the east and west. And, if it’s too far to walk, they also have a huge free car park.
Kings Cliffe Active works in partnership with local groups and organisations for the delivery of activities and support, including:
- Open fitness classes
- Weekly yoga
- Fitness classes for older adults
- Falls prevention classes
- Children’s dance
- Children’s gymnastics
- Tennis coaching – juniors and adults (separate classes)
- Junior netball coaching
- Junior football most nights of the week and weekend games for different age groups
- RUSH Hockey
- Recreational football
And not just physical activities – check out these other types:
- Monthly Gardeners Club meetings
- Quarterly Heritage group meetings
- Good Mood Café with CPSL Mind
- Community café (with lunches for older people)
- After-school community café
- Voluntary Action Oundle activity on Mondays
- KIA pre- and post-school children’s activity group
…and more in partnership with the local Council, Wansford & Kings Cliffe Surgery, and wider health partners. Find out what is happening on their Facebook page.
The facility is free to access for walking, jogging, running or use of the children’s play equipment, as well a Pumptrack. The Tuesday morning Good Mood Cafés organised with CPSL Mind are free to attend.
Sports activities, gym, classes and group activities incur a fee payable to those responsible for organising. The café charges a small cost for coffee, tea and cake etc.