Gemma Skells YogaBack to Activities
Gemma Skells has many years of experience teaching yoga for a variety of levels and goals, including for people who participate in sport or have particular issues. There are group and 1:1 classes.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- Gentle/moderate exercise promotes production of endorphins (this is why we feel good afterwards).
- Yoga helps keep us agile and mobile for longer. It provides movement promoting joint health to those of us more sedentary and release of tighter muscles for those who have active lifestyles. It really is for everyone.
- Group classes create an opportunity for social interaction. It’s well researched that this interaction can be good for our well-being creating a sense of belonging.
‘Gemma is a brilliant Yoga teacher; her knowledge of muscle structure and her ability to motivate you to hold the pose for just on more breath or lift the pose just that little bit higher is amazing. If you’re looking for a Yoga class that builds strength and improves flexibility I can wholeheartedly recommend Gemma. Her classes have improved my performance in sport and my mental wellbeing. She caters for all levels, offering more complicated variations for those who do want to take the poses further – I’ve frequently ended up in positions I never thought I was capable of! Thanks Gemma :)’
How to contact
Where to go
Peterborough PE2 7ZE
Available for free:
- Join Gemma for a free 20min breathing and relaxation session above!
- Occasional 30 minute taster online zoom sessions
- Peterborough United-funded chair-based yoga; contact them to find out more and to register.
Other activities are subject to a fee; for more information contact directly.
- 1 hour yoga classes
- 1:1 yoga sessions for various levels and interests