Craft Time for Wellbeing – Peterborough CitadelBack to Activities
Craft Time for Wellbeing helps people who are suffering from anxiety, depression or loneliness by providing practical and emotional support. The group is small and in a quiet, attractive space. The volunteers are very welcoming, friendly and easy to chat to.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- It’s a small, friendly community group of people getting to know each other whilst enjoying crafting.
- The group members and volunteers share their experiences and teach/learn new skills in a supportive environment.
- There are opportunities to volunteer, which can give a sense of purpose.
How to contact
Where to go
The Salvation Army
1203 Bourges Boulevard
Peterborough PE1 2AU
What to expect
This group is open to all – no prior knowledge or experience is needed, but if you have any to share that is very welcome!
Participants will get to try out lots of different kinds of crafts, such as card-making, quilling, painting, diamond dots, journalling, and more! Or if you’d rather, you can bring your own project to work on while enjoying the friendly company and chat with the others.
No special equipment is needed, everything is provided. Wear comfortable clothing that may get messy.
Coffee/tea is available all day. The building and rooms are wheelchair accessible. There are toilets, including a disabled toilet.
If you arrive by foot, go into the main front door which opens to the reception area. If you park behind the building, come through the back door and follow the hallway around to reception. Check in with reception on arrival and they will tell you were to go, or someone can meet you at the door and bring you through – just let them know ahead of time if you’d like this.
There is plenty of parking at the rear of the building. The carpark entrance is off Peppercorn Close.
The Peterborough Citadel Church & Community Centre also offers the following:
- Homeless drop-in with shower, shave, hot drinks, and mobile phone charging available
- Gardening for Wellbeing
- Day Centre for older people
- Luncheon Club for all ages
- Tiddlypeeps – a fun parent and toddler group with singing and storytelling
- Coffee morning
- A free Debt Advice Centre
…as well as having a Sunday Worship Service on a Sunday. Contact them to find out more.
This activity is free.
Craft Time participant Hanif demonstrates one of his favourites – diamond painting:
See where to go from the back carpark: