COMPAS Charity – Migrant and Roma communitiesBack to Activities
Working with marginalised and migrant communities, COMPAS Charity provides services to promote equality and diversity, and support such communities to integrate into the British society.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- Migrants and people from marginalised groups can find practical support
- They also provide fun activities for social interaction, cultural identity and belonging, and physical wellbeing
- People outside these communities can learn more about them and how to help them integrate into British life
How to contact
Where to go
Gladstone Park Community Centre
927 Bourges Boulevard
COMPAS aims to provide practical support to migrants such as information and advice, engaging with service providers, public bodies, and institutions, and promoting civic responsibility, good citizenship and volunteering. They also offer many social and educational opportunities, including training for British frontline staff on how to work more effectively with various migrant and Roma groups.
COMPAS provides many activities and support for free, including:
Advice Centre for migrants:
- EU Settlement Scheme
- Assistance with form filling
- Translation & Interpreting
- CV writing
- Job finding
The Orion School offers wide range of workshops, activities and lessons to children from the age of 3 to the age of 18 (or 25 in some circumstances), including:
- Cultural enrichment – focused on languages, culture and geography
- Computer lessons – offering basic computer skills
- Physical activities – including running, physical exercises, nutrition advice, table tennis, Roma dance class, street dance class, Zumba dance and other
- Youth club – offering free time and after-school activities including art & craft, singing and rap classes
Over 500 titles in English, Czech, Slovak and Romanes languages.
Health checks and activities – find out more here.
Gym and Sport activities
Activities that are subject to a fee include:
- Venue hire
Contact COMPAS for more information.