Chinese Community in PeterboroughBack to Activities
The Peterborough Chinese Community group offer support, advice and opportunities to socialise and connect with other people from Chinese community living in Peterborough and surrounding areas.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- The Chinese Community in Peterborough organises courses to support physical activity and wellbeing.
- Activities keep people connected and create a sense of being part of a big family.
- Joining activities helps to avoid loneliness and isolation.
‘I found this [Tai Chi] class very calming, I felt in good hands and am very grateful to the Chinese community of Peterborough for opening their arms out to the wider community in helping us get better, healthier, showing us a great and ancient skill and sharing knowledge of energy and movement in order we can help ourselves stay healthier.’
How to contact
Where to go
Tesco Community Room
Serpentine Green Shopping Centre
Faustina introduces the Chinese Community in Peterborough group and some of the things they do (first half in English, second half in Chinese):
The Chinese Community in Peterborough organises a range of events from social gatherings to support sessions on health and wellbeing. Some examples are:
- Activities and social get-togethers
- Support sessions with local services, district council and police
- Wellbeing classes such as Tai Chi
- English lessons
- Chinese New Year celebrations
The group is taking part in Tempo Time Credits for volunteers. Find out more here.
The group try to provide as many sessions as possible for free.